Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Boy Collett!!

Can I just say that we are just thrilled for this little boy to be joining our family in July! It has been hard to keep things quiet for awhile. Now being about 32 weeks I am feeling more confident about this pregnancy! When we discovered I was pregnant last October, it was a bitter sweet feeling to be pregnant. Not knowing if history would repeat itself, we decided to not to say anything to anyone till after Christmas time when I would be about 12 weeks a long. A safe bet to spread the news. Today I am nearing 32 weeks pregnant and the kicks have gotten stronger and the anticipation even greater! The pregnancy has gone pretty smooth which has helped to keep my nerves calm. All I can say is that Heavenly Father has a perfect timing for everything and even though I would have loved this little boy to come to our family a long time ago, we are so excited that Heavenly Father would still allow us to have this special miracle in our family! During this experience I have learned a lot about patience and understanding of the Father's will. If there is anything that I can pass along to other women experiencing the grief of not being able to bring children into the world or the loss of a child, it is that we will probably never understand fully why we are placed with this certain trial but that it isn't all in our hands and we have to truly lay our burden and the tears that follow, at the feet of the Savior. I am grateful to be pregnant but I take each day at a time, even if it is for a short time. I have realized that these little angels sent from Heaven are not ever ours to keep and at some point they WILL return to our Father in Heaven. I try not to think about when they will return but I am just so grateful that I get to spend another moment with them while on this earth.
We are excited to meet you BABY BOY COLLETT
(I love the yoga pose with the legs over the head)
Ella got to listen to the baby's heartbeat and I think her facial expressions say it all. Adorable!



4 comments:

Quast Family said...

thanks for this post, you said everything i think :) i am so so excited for you guys!! cant wait to see the little guy soon. see you for lunch soon!!

Cayli said...

Congrats! Erin! I am so happy for you!

Katie said...

Congrats lady!!

Colette said...

Oh how exciting for you all. We are also having a grandchild in July. Jake wouldn't it be cool if one of us had him on grandpa Howard's birthday the 11th of July. Raquel is due on the 13th with a boy as well. We are pretty excited. Good luck! We love you and would love to have you stay with us again in Vernal. we have a swing set now like all good grandparents. HAHAHHA!
Love ya guys