Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Will Never Forget

 I still remember that day, like it was yesterday. I remember I was on my way to school at USU and it was a crisp cool morning. I was only about half way to school and I had the radio on when they came on and told us that one of the World Trade Centers had been hit by a plane. I really didn't understand the magnitude of  the disaster until I got up to school. I headed to the TSC to watch the television and see what was going on. When I entered the halls of the TSC it was silent and all eyes were glued to the TV. Every television was on and there was horror on everyone's faces. Students were scrambling for their cell phones and crying. 
 On Tuesday September 11th, the world stopped turning. 
 As the horror continued unfold I remember they cancelled school but people couldn't talk with their family because all the phone lines were jammed and planes were grounded. Even being over a 1,000 miles away from ground zero, I was terrified. 
 "Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward and freedom will be defended." -- President Bush, Sept. 11.
God Bless this Country!

No comments: