Saturday, April 28, 2012

The "Catch up" post

We have had some fun times this year already and since last year seemed to by our year of "bad luck," this year is already looking brighter. With crazy schedules and always a house project to work on, it seems to be getting harder and harder to find time to get away so Jake and I made a spontaneous trip to Moab one weekend and we were SO glad that we did. We thought for sure that Ella would be so tired by the time we got to Delicate Arch and would want us to carry her back but that little lady did all FOUR miles without once asking to be held. We still have yet to find out what will wear her out entirely! Such a trooper though!!
I love this pictures! Ella scored good at the annual neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and this year it was actually fun to take her because she understood it was "go time" when the bell sounded.
Although Ella got a lot of candy at the Easter Egg Hun, I think the Easter Bunny knew she had had enough so her Easter basket had bubbles, games, clothing, and sand toys instead. I think the Easter Bunny was smart for doing that :)
Ella is so stinkin cute that it is hard to not want to play "dress up" with her all the time! I found this adorable Easter dress and then made a hair bow that I found on Pinterest. They call it the "Easter Basket" hair bow because it is SO big!  But very adorable.
We also went to Toy Story 3 on Ice. Ella especially loved it when Buzz came out and she cheered, clapped, sang, and danced around. Her favorite part seemed to be when all the Barbies came out and it was cute to see her dance around. At one point she had her own little audience of people watching her get so into it!
We also have remodeled the baby's room. I don't have a picture loaded of the final project but on this picture we had added wang's coating to the bottom. Painted it in a BM color called Icicle and then did the top in a BM color called Nantucket Gray. It looks so good. Then we got new carpet to compliment the walls. I have yet to get the baby bedding completed but when I get the whole room done I will post final pictures! I was seriously impressed with how it turned out.
We have also had some friends come and visit from Colorado and it has been so fun to show them around the new City Creek Mall. Ella was thrilled to have another girl staying at our home. We decided to make the trip to City Creek even more fun by taking Trax downtown and this is Ella with her friend on the train. That "cheesy" smile says a lot about how much fun Ella is having!
This pictures is just one of the most precious pictures that I think we have. Samantha Jane Images took this photo when we did family pictures last fall and it is so priceless to see the bond that Ella has with her daddy. I never thought that such a small little girl could have her daddy wrapped so tightly around her little finger but Jake is such a good dad to her that it shouldn't surprise me that his heart melts everytime he sees her. I LOVE this photo.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Oh those are so AWESOME pictures. I am so glad I found your blog. Love ya

The Sevy's said...

Hey Just saw your blog through Todd & Julies. So cute!! We haven't seen you guys in a while. Hope your doing well and feeling good in the home stretch of pregnancy!

-Mikelle