Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last Bash Before The Baby

 Jake and I headed to Jackson Hole after we got the "okay" from my doctor that everything looked good with the baby. I was still feeling pretty good (minus the sleeping part) and I was so excited to get a break from everyday life to spend some time with my hubby in the beautiful Teton Mountains. Ella stayed with grandma and we said "SIANARA."
 Before we left, we all went to breakfast at a new restaurant in Logan called "Herm's Inn." A sweet new restaurant that was restored from a gas station from 75 years ago! They had these killer good pancakes that well......as you can see are the size of a large 17" pizza. So good!
 Jake and I headed up to Jackson Hole to see all of its beauty and that always includes the wildlife! Granted at this time of year the area is still a little cold and wet but the animals are all around and that is why we come here! This pictures is a mama bear and her two cubs. The mama was very cautious about letting her two yearlings cross the road and once she determined that it was safe the cubs played in the road and then became intreaged by the orange cones. Seriously really cute!
 This moose was hanging around just outside of Teton Village only about 50 yards off the road. I want my mom to paint this picture because the scenery is also very pretty.
 Jake and I went passed this sign and we both started laughing so hard! A little expensive for a good wiping if you ask me!
 The Tetons stay nestled in the clouds alot at this time of year but we just kept returning to see if we could ever get a good view of them. This was taken around 5:00pm just as the sun was going down and the clouds actually gave us a little peak at these amazing mountains.
While we were in Grand Teton National Park we saw all sorts of animals. Bald eagles, mountain goats, bears, moose and about 300 head of Elk. We particularly were looking to see any bull elk but we only saw female. They like to come lower out of the mountains around dusk but be prepared that they cross the road all over and htting a elk may put a huge damper in the vacation.

1 comment:

Katie said...

My Great Grandpa built the gas station that is now Herm's....maybe I should go try it. Looks like fun in Jackson. I hope everything with that cute buddle of joy!